Saturday, October 28, 2017
Occoneechee Council Boardroom
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Outdoor Ethics Guide is a junior leadership position which qualifies as a leadership position for Star, Life and Eagle rank advancement. This position replaces the Leave No Trace Trainer leadership position as of January 1st, 2016. While there is currently no required training for this position, this training is highly recommended as a basis of knowledge to better serve their unit.
Outdoor Ethics Guide Responsibilities:
- The outdoor ethics guide helps the troop plan and conduct an outdoor program that emphasizes effectively practicing the principles of outdoor ethics.
- The guide works to help Scouts improve their outdoor ethics decision-making skills to minimize impacts as they participate in outdoor activities.
- He supports Scouts who are working to complete the relevant requirements for the Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class ranks.
Participants will gain:
- Knowledge of Outdoor Ethics: Leave No Trace and it’s seven principles, introduction to Tread Lightly! principles and The Land Ethic.
- Understanding of the importance of following minimum impact guidelines and stewardship in outdoor activities.
- Where to locate additional Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly! resources and opportunities for further training.
Successful completion of the course requires participation in all course activities, participant teaching exercises and conducting at least one OE session with participants or home unit. Those who complete the course are equipped to understand, demonstrate and teach minimum impact techniques for friends, family, sponsoring organizations and community groups and help others explore their own personal outdoor ethic.
First Class RankCost:
$10 covers all course materials.
Please register online at the Occoneechee Council website calendar. Course is limited to 14 attendees.
Contact Meredith Blackwood at Meredith.LNT@gmail.com
TO ALL SCOUTERS.
National has not come up with codes to count you trained when you take the courses online. Please send me a copy of your completed certificate of your courses and I will see that you’re credited as Trained.
Also, if you take or have taken training outside of Dogwood District please check to see if you have been given credit. Some district chairmen are not contacting other district chairmen to make sure credit is given for classes taken. If you are in this situation, send me a copy of your training card. I will see that you get credit as trained.
Lastly, check with all “older” tenured scouters and transferred scouters into our district to see if they have taken training elsewhere. I can give them credit if they send me a copy of their card, or can email me the who, what when, where of the courses they have taken.
Dogwood Training Chairman
Saturday February 18 2017
7:45 Check in begins
9:00am Classes start
St. Luke's Methodist Church
2916 Wicker St. Sanford, NC
Register on-line at http://www.ocscouts.org
Any Adult Scouter may take any course desired, even if not registered in that position.
- All classes are $10.00
- Coffee, bagels for Breakfast, Refreshments, Snacks provided
- Registration closes February 11, 2017
Course Director David Williamson—–
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910-783-5974
CUB MASTER SPECIFICS
DEN LEADER SPECIFICS
CHARTERED ORGANIZATION REP.
PACK COMMITTEE MEMBER SPECIFICS
MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR TRAINING
Saturday, Oct 8th, 2016
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
(3204 Kellers Andrew Rd., Sanford)
9 AM-1PM (Sign-in opens at 8:30 AM)
FREE TRAINING! Training Offered: Cub Master Specific, Den Leader (Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos) Specifics, Pack Committee Challenge, Super Nova Mentor, Merit Badge Counselor and Youth Protection. Register on-line at ocscouts.com/calendar Questions: Stephanie Larsen, 919-721-3846 or email @ email@example.com
AUGUST 20, 2016
ST. LUKES METHODIST CHURCH
2916 WICKER STREET SANFORD, N.C.
CLASS STARTS AT 8:00 AM COST:
$25.00 INCLUDES SMALL BREAKFAST/LUNCH
CLASS LIMITED TO 20 PERSONS
QUESTIONS, DIETARY CONCERNS, PHYSICAL LIMITS
CONTACT DAVID WILLIAMSON firstname.lastname@example.org or